How to help flood victims in El Salvador Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
SALVAIDE LAUNCHES $100,000 CAMPAIGN FOR FLOOD VICTIMS IN EL SALVADOR
- 150,000 PEOPLE AFFECTED
- 85% OF COAST FLOODED
- TENS OF THOUSANDS EVACUATED
- HUNDREDS STILL STRANDED
- DOZENS KILLED
- HUNDREDS OF HOMES DESTROYED
- CROPS RUINED
SalvAide and its Salvadoran Partners Respond:
Torrential rains over the last few days in El Salvador have devastated coastal areas with heavy flooding and mudslides (click here for BBC coverage). Poor hydroelectric dam management has only exacerbated the crisis. Salvadorans have not seen such devastation since Hurricane Mitch. SalvAide's Salvadoran sister organizations, CRIPDES and CORDES, are on the ground and mobilizing relief efforts in one of the most affected flood zones - El Salvador's Lower Lempa River region (Bajo Lempa). With more than two decades of experience in grassroots community organizing and development in the Bajo Lempa, SalvAide's sister organizations have been quick to respond with:
- evacuation and emergency shelter
- food and basic health needs
- rescue and further disaster mitigation
- plans for reconstruction
The need remains great, so SalvAide is aiming high. Our goal is to raise $100,000 for ongoing relief and reconstruction efforts. The best way to help is with a tax-deductible donation that SalvAide can channel to our partners on the ground as soon as possible to purchase emergency supplies, fund relief efforts, and rebuild for the future.
We Need your Support!
Ways to Contribute:
Please help us reach our goal!
- Call 613-233-6215 to donate with Visa or MasterCard.
- Donate online through CanadaHelps by clicking here.
- Send a cheque or money order to: SalvAide, 219 Argyle Ave, Suite 411, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K2P 2H4
- Attend SalvAide's 14th Annual Benefit Cocktail & Auction in Ottawa on 27 October - see details below
- Attend the SalvAide sponsored Salvadoran-Canadian Cultural Association (ASALCA) Diaspora Dinner in Toronto on 17 December - call 416-577-6426.
Donations from Canadian residents over $20 will receive a charitable donation tax receipt for income tax purposes.
For more information, call us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.salvaide.ca. Thanks very much in advance for your generous support and solidarity!
14th Annual Benefit Cocktail & AuctionThursday, 27 October, 6:30PM
1000 Byron Ave, Ottawa (map)
Tickets: $40 ($15 tax receipt) Entertainment by Shaman Rhythms
Licenced and catered gourmet cocktail
Silent & live auctions plus raffles *All proceeds go toward flood relief efforts in El Salvador* Call 613-233-6215 or email email@example.com for tickets.
Flooded farmer's field - lost livelihood Temporary shelter One of many flooded communities
Copyright © 2011 SalvAide, All rights reserved.
You received this message because you currently or previously supported SalvAide and its work.
Our mailing address is:
SalvAide219 Argyle Avenue, Suite 411Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2H4
Add us to your address book